After over 20 years managing the day to day care and well being of endurance and dressage horses, I have come to believe that for horses to be healthy and happy they need to have as natural a lifestyle as possible.
I designed Woodbridge Farm so that every horse from upper level competitor to trail horse can benefit from socializing with other horses safely, resting and playing daily in big grassy fields, and living in a quiet, peaceful, positive environment.
I believe that each horse deserves the best, and as a result our boarding fee includes:
- Three meals a day.
Beautifully landscaped grounds with an eye for efficiency and comfort for both horses and riders.
- A well lit, well ventilated cobbled stone barn with spacious 13x13 stall with paddocks and 13x13 single stalls. An additional 12x36 outdoor shelters with runs, and 14x14 shelters available. Each stall has see through partitions allowing horses to socialize. Most stalls have a window and all have yoke doors.
- Fans for summer heat, predators for fly control, and an industrial vacuum cleaner to minimize dust and respiratory problems.
- Horses are observed throughout the day, as well as a late evening check to catch problems early.
- Hot/cold covered wash rack with rubber mats.
- Several tacking up areas with rubber mats.
- Individual lockable, spacious cubbies for saddles, tack and grooming equipment.
- A rider’s lounge with a lending library and video player.
- Picnic area and gazebo conveniently located at outdoor arena for easy viewing.
- All of our arenas are situated efficiently within a short distance of the barn; they have excellent visibility which is reassuring to horses. Special attention was paid to the footing and each arena is groomed and watered daily to ensure horses work on the healthiest surfaces for their muscles, tendons and joints.
- One 105x235 all weather outdoor arena with Permaflex footing, dressage court letters in place and a judges booth to acclimate competition horses to show conditions.
- One 110x165 lighted covered arena with Permaflex footing, fully fenced.
- Outdoor sound system to practice your next Kur, or just enjoy riding to your favorite CD.
- 20 meter fully walled round pen with Permaflex footing.
- Many groomed bridle paths good for meandering or for a good gallop on terrain ranging from flat to hilly making it great for conditioning.